Friday, January 27, 2006

Reading Munsch Aloud


Hello all,
I read Robert Munsch's "Pigs" aloud yesterday. I always enjoy reading Mr. Munsch's stories because they can be very funny and if you use your imagination they do teach life lessons. For example in "Pigs", the main character Megan learns that it is always important to listen to your elders. The other part of Munsch's stories that I enjoy is the repetition of wording or phrases. Many of his stories have repetitve wording, which makes listening to the story enjoyable. I also like the fact there is a great deal of humour in his stories-something I believe is very important to some of the stories that we read to children. Some of the stories we read to children should be fun to read. I believe that the stories should be fun to read, just like I enjoy a good piece of literature, but I also enjoy reading Ian Fleming's James Bond series. Both have their place on my bookshelf.
There was one complaint about my story choice- a very valid complaint I might add. Mr. Munsch can use offensive wording such as calling pigs "dumbest animal". I admit I look at Mr. Munsch's stories as somewhat light and fun, but in the future I will be more careful about my choice in his massive story collection. I know there is plenty of choices if I want to read a Robert Munsch story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home