Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Too bad


After class on Monday I realized that we will not have time to discuss the reading "The River" by Gary Paulsen. Of the three books that we read for this class it is my favourite. I enjoyed the pure adventure of the story and was so impressed by the story that I would like to read "The Hatchet" its predessor.
I have always enjoyed camping and this story took camping to an extreme level. I have never been in a situation like this, but as a person who has spent time in the woods camping, hiking and enjoying the quiet, this would be my bad dream.
I can also see growth in Brian, going through this adventure not once but twice. Paulsen does an amazing job writing his second story, and what was intersting to note is that "The River" can be read without having to read the first story. Paulsen lets his readers know what happened in the first book without having to read it first. Not many authors can do this.
Hopefully, in the not so distance future I can read "The Hatchet". Anyone have any comments who has read both stories. Which story was better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home